At the monthly Writing Show, authors and other literary professionals offer an insider’s look at the craft and business of writing. The Writing Show, which runs the last Wednesday of every month from January through September, affords writers a chance to network, learn, and expand their writing horizons.
For 2017, we the Writing Show will continue in its home at Firehouse Theatre, which is located at 1609 West Broad Street. Free parking is available across the Street from Firehouse in the Lowe’s parking lot.
The programming for 2017 was designed with your comments and suggestions in mind and is adapting to meet your writing craft and business needs.
The 2017 Lineup
(Schedule subject to change due to speaker availability)
- January 25: Befriending the Scissors: Cutting the Extraneous
- February 22: The Professional Writer: Author Newsletters & Tapping Your Tribe
- March 29: Fairytales, Folklore & Stories that Endure
- April 26: Finding Authenticity: Writing Outside Your Gender, Race or Culture
- May 31: The Squishy Middle: Keeping Your Readers Captivated
- June 28: Examining the Writing Marketplace: Micro to Mid-sized Publishers
- July 26: The Art of the Start: Finding the Entry-point to your Story
- August 30: Playing with Language: Tools & Techniques for Creative Play
- September 27: Stepping Up to the Stage: Public Speaking for Writers
Individual show tickets are $12/members and $15/non-members. Two free passes to the Writing Show are included with an Individual Membership or upgrade to the Writing Show Membership to receive nine months of shows for a savings of $47.
Last Wednesday of every month from January through September
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Meet & Greet at 6:00; program starts at 6:45)
Firehouse Theatre 1609 West Broad Street
$12 – Members; $15 Non-members ($5 for students)
You’ve hooked them from the start. You know where you’re going. But how on earth are you going to get there? Sometimes the middle is a bit squishy. This panel with talented writers across multiple genres will discuss outlining and writing by the seat of your pants, techniques for moving forward, and how to know when something is working and when it’s not.
Date: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Meet & Greet at 6:00; program starts at 6:45)
Location: Firehouse Theatre 1609 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA, 23220
Price: $12 – Members; $15 Non-members ($5 for students)