For 2017, we are staying at Firehouse Theatre and sticking with our last Wednesday of the month from January through September schedule. All the new JRW membership options offer some passes to the Writing Show. If you are a frequent attendee, check with Phil Hilliker at firstname.lastname@example.org about renewing your membership.
Firehouse Theatre, is located at 1609 West Broad Street beginning in February. Free parking is available across the Street from Firehouse in the Lowe’s parking lot.
The programming for 2017 was designed with your comments and suggestions in mind and is adapting to meet your writing craft and business needs.
Educational and interactive, The Writing Show brings you the art and business of writing from the professionals.
It’s inspiring. It’s fun. And it’s only happening live in Richmond.
6:00 pm – 8:30 pm (Meet & Greet at 6:00; program starts at 6:45)
Firehouse Theatre 1609 West Broad Street
$12 – Members; $15 Non-members ($5 for students)
The 2017 Lineup
(Schedule subject to change due to speaker availability)
- January 25: Befriending the Scissors: Cutting the Extraneous
- February 22: The Professional Writer: Email Newsletters & Tapping Your Tribe
- March 29: Fairytale Retellings & The Brothers Grimm
- April 26: Finding Authenticity: Writing Outside Your Gender, Race or Culture
- May 31: The Squishy Middle: Keeping Your Readers Captivated
- June 28: Examining the Writing Marketplace: Micro to Mid-sized Publishers
- July 26: The Art of the Start: Finding the Entry-point to your Story
- August 30: Playing with Language: Tools & Techniques for Creative Play
- September 27: Stepping Up to the Stage: Public Speaking for Writers
Individual show tickets are $12/members and $15/non-members. Two free passes to the Writing Show are included with Traditional Membership or upgrade to the Writing Show Membership to receive a Season Pass for a savings of $47 a year.
Have a question about the The Writing Show? E-mail email@example.com or give us a call at (804) 433-3790.