Our members talked and we listened. You wanted to spend more time with literary professionals learning about a particular topic in a small-group setting. So in 2012 we created the Master Classes series: hands-on learning in a friendly, classroom atmosphere. Master Classes are all about your journey on your way to mastery. You don’t need to be a master to attend!
Hold the date! On November 1, 2014, Erica Orloff will teach a Master Class to kick off NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, when legions of writers attempt to write a 50,000 word manuscript in one month).
Do you have a hook or a book? A hook will grab your attention, but a book will keep you writing all month long.
Saturday, November 1
10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. with an hour for lunch
*Lunch is not included, but there are many restaurants within walking distance
Location: St. Stephen’s Church, 6000 Grove Avenue, Richmond, VA 23226, second floor of the Fellowship Hall
Parking: Free parking available in onsite parking lot and on the street
After publishing over 20 novels for adults, Erica Orloff penned the popular middle-grade children’s fantasy trilogy, The Magickeepers (Jabberwocky) under the pen name Erica Kirov. She also writes young adult novels, including In Dreams (2014, Penguin). Her books have been noted in Us Weekly, Cosmopolitan, and American Girl, among many other publications, as well as being translated into eight languages. Her contemporary novels have been considered “ground-breaking” (Romantic Times), with complex heroines facing issues from gambling addiction to breast cancer. As a publishing consultant and ghostwriter, Erica is in much demand through her editorial company Editing for Authors and its subsidiary, Dragon Tree Books. A University of Richmond alumna, she also lectures and teaches on writing, including acting as the Writer-in-Residence at Clover Hill High School, and guest lecturing at various schools from elementary through college.
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
Articles About Master Classes
- Master Class with Literary Agent John Cusick
- April Writing Show and Master Class Recaps: Mining for Stories with Carrie and John Gregory Brown
- Five Questions with Carrie Brown and John Gregory Brown
- Creativity Toolkit: Master Class with Clay McLeod Chapman
- Learning To See: A Master Class for Writers in the Art and Practice of Looking
- The Art of the Narrative: Master Class Series with David L. Robbins Back by Popular Demand
- Short Story Structure and Brainstorming with Nancy Zafris
- The Art of the Narrative with David L. Robbins
- Neville Leads Second Master Class on Fiction