Our members talked and we listened. You wanted to spend more time with literary professionals learning about a particular topic in a small-group setting. So in 2012 we created the Master Classes series: hands-on learning in a friendly, classroom atmosphere. Master Classes are all about your journey on your way to mastery. You don’t need to be a master to attend! In 2014 JRW will offer more opportunities than ever before, so we hope you find something just for you!
Creativity Tool Kit: A Master Class with Clay McLeod Chapman. The author of Tribe: Homeroom Headhunter will offer a fun workshop examining creativity and how to jump-start yours. Hands-on instruction will leave you with concrete take-aways for defeating the blank page!
June 19; 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., with an hour break for lunch, not included
St. John’s Church Parish Hall
2401 E. Broad Street
$60 for JRW members
$100 for non-members.
James River Writers extends our appreciation to St. John’s Church for being a sponsor of our 2014 Master Class series. Proceeds benefit James River Writers.
Articles About Master Classes
- April Writing Show and Master Class Recaps: Mining for Stories with Carrie and John Gregory Brown
- Five Questions with Carrie Brown and John Gregory Brown
- Creativity Toolkit: Master Class with Clay McLeod Chapman
- Learning To See: A Master Class for Writers in the Art and Practice of Looking
- The Art of the Narrative: Master Class Series with David L. Robbins Back by Popular Demand
- Short Story Structure and Brainstorming with Nancy Zafris
- The Art of the Narrative with David L. Robbins
- Neville Leads Second Master Class on Fiction
- First Master Class with Henry Hart Rated Big Success