Can’t wait for James River Writers’ 10th annual conference? Join us for the next series of fun and fast-paced Twitter chats with five of the conference panelists.
Each chat will take place during the lunch hour, 12-1 PM, to make it easier to take advantage of the chance to talk to one of these publishing professionals:
- Wednesday, September 12 — We will chat with Lila Quintero Weaver (@LilaQWeaver ) about Darkroom: a Memoir in Black and White and her writing journey.
- Tuesday, September 18 — The Book Doctors (@TheBookDoctors), Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry, will be joining us to discuss their book The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published and the evolving publishing world.
- Wednesday, September 26 – Meg Medina (@Meg_Medina) will be discussing her writing, including The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind and Tia Isa Wants a Car, for which Meg won the 2012 Ezra Jack Keats New Writer Award.
- Wednesday, October 3 — Malinda Lo (@MalindaLo) will be discussing her YA new release Adaptation and her thoughts about the writing process.
- Monday, October 15 — Debut author, Lana Krumwiede (@lanakrumwiede ), will join us to chat about her YA novel Freakling and her journey to publication.
To participate in a chat, simply log-in to Twitter (open an account if you need one), and follow @jamesrvrwriters and one of the authors listed above. On the day of the chat, follow the hashtag #jrwc12 in the search box to see the conversation.
To start the chat, we will post two or three questions for the author to answer. At any time you can submit questions by starting them with the author’s Twitter handle, or simply ask your question as a status update in Twitter. Either way, be sure to include #jrwc12 so your tweets can be tracked and the author can respond.