Over 325 writers converged in Richmond last weekend for three days of exploring the craft, business, and community of writing. Thank you to our speakers, moderators, vendors, and attendees for bringing to life the 2013 James River Writers Conference and continuing the 11-year tradition. We’re already processing your feedback to build the 2014 Conference!
We’re pleased to share the following materials:
We would like to offer our heartfelt thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this conference a reality:
- Conference Chair, Kristi Tuck Austin;
- Conference Vice Chair Lana Krumwiede;
- The Conference Committee: Diane Black, Bill and Sheri Blume, Tiffany Cardoza, Robin Farmer, Leila Gaskin, Katharine Herndon, David Kazzie, Joanna Lee, Sheila Sheppard Lovelady, Erica Orloff, Shann Palmer, Kris Spisak, and Judy Witt;
- Our board members;
- Our partners at the Virginia Literary Festival, especially Mary Beth McIntyre and Kat Spears;
- Our interns, Jacqueline Hatch and Annie Rudy;
- Our volunteers and hospitality team: Gigi Amateau, Adam Austin, Erin Bragg, Vassa Clarke, Mark Covington, Katie Britt, Mary Chandler, Shawna Cristos, Lydia Davey, Jennifer Drummond, Lizzy Farschon, Denise Golinowski, Victoria Goodman, Emily Green, Julie Geen, Kristen Green, Ashley James, Dean King, Grace King, Jacqui Lucente, Dean McKnight, Virginia Pye, Rebecca Joines Schinsky, Annesha Sengupta, Toni Lombardo, A.B. Westrick, and Rivanna Youngpool.
We applaud the generous sponsors who made such a dynamic conference possible:
We also extend our thanks to the following businesses who contributed to the success of our Conference with welcome baskets for our speakers, donations to the silent auction, and other gifts: Beecroft & Bull, Sheri Blume, Ellen Brown, Eric Elfman Coaching, Cliff Bruce Studio, Blanchard’s Coffee , Debbie Bowie Coaching, Josh Cane, Susann Cokal, Joni Davis & Bob Squillante, For the Love of Chocolate, K. S. Writing, Literature & Latte, Mongrel, Osher @ Richmond School of Professional & Continuing Studies, The Porches Writing Retreat, Richmond Times-Dispatch, Roanoke Regional Writers Conference, Richmond Young Writers, Clelia & John Sheppard, The Virginia Shop, Maya Payne Smart, Venture Richmond, Village Exxon, Virginia Artesian Water, Zous Zous Basement.
Mark your calendars now for October 17-19, 2014, for the 12th Annual James River Writers Conference, “one of the best writers conferences in America.”